define the word vacuum?




Bo Sschnei


can anybody define vacuum as it applies to science. I need to know an answer to this question really fast. Thank you for your help.


Answer
A vacuum is a volume of space that is essentially empty of matter, such that its gaseous pressure is much less than atmospheric pressure. The word comes from the Latin term for "empty," but in reality, no volume of space can ever be perfectly empty. A perfect vacuum with a gaseous pressure of absolute zero is a philosophical concept that is never observed in practice. Physicists often discuss ideal test results that would occur in a perfect vacuum, which they simply call "vacuum" or "free space" in this context, and use the term partial vacuum to refer to real vacuum. The Latin term in vacuo is also used to describe an object as being in what would otherwise be a vacuum.

The quality of a vacuum refers to how closely it approaches a perfect vacuum. The residual gas pressure is the primary indicator of quality, and is most commonly measured in units called torr, even in metric contexts. Lower pressures indicate higher quality, although other variables must also be taken into account. Quantum theory sets limits for the best possible quality of vacuum, predicting that no volume of space can be perfectly empty. Outer space is a natural high quality vacuum, mostly of much higher quality than can be created artificially with current technology. Low quality artificial vacuums have been used for suction for many years.

Vacuum valve not creating a vacuum?




dont know


Hi, I recently took apart my fuel petcock for my 1974 Suzuki Gt550. I felt my carbs weren't receiving enough fuel after noticing that it would run fine on prime but just ran way to rich. So after taking the petcock apart I noticed that fuel started to come out of the vacuum line. I'm unsure if that's suppose to happen but it did also create a weird vacuum in the main fuel line. For some reason it would not take in anymore fuel after a certain period of time even though the main fuel line was completely empty (when using prime of course). I detached the main fuel line from the petcock to see if the petcock would flow freely and it did but as soon as I plug the line back in the flow would cease. After looking around the internet I found a universal petcock for my bike but the thing is it's only a gravity feed petcock. Please help, I'm unsure if it's the fuel petcock at fault here.
Thanks You!



Answer
The vacuum diaphragm in the petcock has a hole in it and won't allow the fuel to flow as it's supposed to. When the petcock is on prime, the fuel is flowing to the carbies but also leaking through the diaphragm , down the vacuum hose and straight into the intake manifold. that's why the bike is running rich.

You can either keep the old tap, run it on "prime" and block off both ends of the vacuum hose. If you get the new tap, you still have to block off where the vacuum hose attachs to the intake manifold.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar