Do you like your kirby vacuum cleaner?




stubby


I bought the new one, the sentria kirby. It is heavy and hard to push. Changing tools is difficult and time consuming. You have to order the bags over the phone and it takes forever to get them. The bags are pricey too. Wish I had kept my dyson.
The person who answered my question said that the bags can be purchased at grocery stores. I don't think so. Not in my area. As far as him saying his kirby blows dyson out of the water, I do not agree. After cleaning with kirby I use the dyson and pick up more dirt.
Glad the 2 of you are happy with Kirby. Not me. I never had a problem with my dyson. I have 24 house cats as I take in strays, get them spayed and neutered and try to find them good homes. Dyson was unbeatable for cat hair. Kirby is not. I bought another dyson. Kirby is gone!



Answer
I have a Sentria as well. The Sentria definitely outdid my orange Dyson. It's very easy to push if you don't have it in neutral, my 3 year old can use it. It's about as light as the dyson unless you are trying to pick it up. I had my dyson for a year and a half and it was constantly getting clogged and overheated and didn't have nearly the suction my kirby does. I vacuumed right before my kirby demo and they vacuumed small spots just a back abnd forth twice and could not stop pulling up nasty stuff! And even with the salt test and the guy going over that 100 times with my dyson (we got to count) there was still plenty of salt for the kirby to pick up. My carpet has never looked this good. I would have paid the high price for just the vacuuming, but the shampooer was awesome! The best part about that was being able to take the front apart after shampooing to get out all of that hair because that's what kills our shampooers every time. It's insane trying to get into the narrow openings to try to get out the crud and eventually they stop spraying and sucking and we bought the most expensive home one we could find in stores! I really like having a clean floor that I can just roll around on with my family and with so many living things in this house I've been afraid of my floor and I can finally play on it again. You just can't compare the power and convenience you get with a kirby to a dyson. Dysons are nice if you could never afford a kirby. I won't complain about the "hassle of getting extra parts because it's not much worse then having to find and clean all of the dyson filters and let them dry, or having to take it to a shop to get the belt changes, or all of the suction issues where my husband had had to take it apart, and then the back and forth switch for suction between the floor part and hand part are busted so I have to bend down to flip it. Plus, the cannister always wants to open at the bottom and dump out it's load when I got to dump the dirt so I have to hold it closed at the bottom and it's always kicking back larger things at my ankles when I vacuum so i have to go over the floor like 3 times. I will say I was very impressed in going from a $20 vacuum to my dyson and I am so much more impressed going from my dyson to my kirby <3 You get what you pay for.

Also, are you adjusting your kirby to seal to the carpet when you vacuum? It doesn't sound like you got the best demo maybe before buying because those two hints could explain away what you are seeing. My demo was 2.5 hours and they even offered to come back the next day to shampoo my couch if I couldn't figure it out.

Which is the better vacuum cleaner, Kirby or Rainbow?




jamorianry





Answer
Just as with many other things, it depends on your situation, how you clean and what type of things you clean. Many women prefer an upright cleaner that you can simply stand up when finished, (Kirby), others prefer a cannister, w/ power head, (Rainbow). The Rainbow cleans very well, and can pick up water, which is deposited in the water tank that's below the motor, where all the dirt is collected. However, you do have to have water in that tank to clean to begin with, so you have to be careful about how much water you pick up so it doesn't overflo the tank. The machine has two motors, the vacuum itself, which just makes vacuum, and the power head has it's own motor that just turns the agitator to lift the carpet fibers. It is, of course, connected to the vacuum by an electric hose. The Rainbow will come with a crevice tool, a floor brush and a dust brush most likely, with a few other optional attachments available at extra cost. Some women like the easy reach and light weight of the power head cleaners. However, these cleaners always pose a problem when storing them. You need to hang the hose somewhere, preferably over a hook shaped like an auto wheel. That takes the stress off of one point in the hose that might fail prematurely because of the stress of hanging on a nail, say. Then, it's best to just set the tank in the closet, after cleaning the water tank, and hang the power head on a nail, so it hangs flat against the wall, out of the way.
The Kirby will come with a complete set of attachments, shampooer, hose, sometimes a mothball blower attachment, refrigerator coils cleaner tool, etc., etc. Most of them are sold that way. The Kirby is a very old name, well built, good craftsmanship, cast aluminum, polished to a high sheen. They are quite heavy, mostly because they're very well built, but in the interest of making them easier to handle, they are now all self-propelled. The propusion system is very well built and usually lasts for many, many years. Picking up water or even moist dirt, is not a real good idea with a Kirby, it tends to glob up the fan area and ruin it. Also, the Kirby uses a two speed motor, low speed for carpets, high speed when the hose is installed. That has always seemed backwards to me, but that's the way they all are. Cleaning stairs is harder with these than the Rexairs, but the vacuums themselves are about the same weight to just pick up and carry around. Probaby the amps used by each is slightly higher on the Rexair because of the two motor system. They are both, however, very good machines, although both overpriced I feel.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar