Kirby vacuum carpet cleaning issues?




Monique


We have the Kirby Sentria (?) that we got a few months ago and I just tried using the carpet cleaning parts yesturday. After probably a good 45 minutes of reading the manual, watching multiple videos online and reassembling everything it is still not working properly. Instead of the foam coming out spread out across the whole vacuum head it is coming out in one thick line down the middle. I am moving it slowly, and everything appears to be in place. I am sure this is just a user error :) but does anyone have suggestions? Kirby help line is closed for memorial day so I cant call till tomorrow. Thanks!!
It looks like even though the lever says that the vacuum is all the way to the ground it is not. As soon as I start the vacuum it seems to raise back up. Doesn't do this when using the normal/vacuum attachments.
It looks like even though the lever says that the vacuum is all the way to the ground it is not. As soon as I start the vacuum it seems to raise back up. Doesn't do this when using the normal/vacuum attachments.



Answer
I have a Kirby with the shampoo head as well and the only thing I can think of that you can check is if the shampoo tray is sitting all the way down on the carpet so check the level adjuster that you use to lower the vacuum down.

Also check that you have turned the handle at the front so that the belt is sitting on the shampoo tray properly (the part where it attaches to the vacuum). It could be this that is causing the problem.

I hope that helps.

how good is the kirby vacuum cleaner?




August





Answer
I have had a Kirby G4 for 23 years. It's great. All-metal construction, so it may be a bit heavier than some vacuums, but it has a transmission "drive" and "neutral" for easy handling on carpet and hard flooring. The suction on it is amazing. It uses micron filter bags that trap and hold the dust/dirt. The included tools are built to last as well. The upfront cost was a little more than I expected to pay, but it has lasted all these years and it still runs like new. We got the model that is also a carpet shampooer. All in all, one of my better purchases.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar