What vacuum cleaner should I purchase?




hydra1970


I have a 700 square foot apartment with carpeting and a cat...


Answer
Hello,

I get this question a lot from readers of my site. I put out a "best buy" list a month ago and the emails have slowed down. Here's a synopsis of that list:

Best Budget Vacuum: Hoover Tempo Widepath - Extremely powerful suction, a little weak on the fliter side, but you're going to pick up a lot of dust and dirt. It retails for about $70.

Best Mid Range Vacuum Cleaner: Bissell 5770 Healthy Home, just as powerful as the Hoover Tempo Widepath, but better air filtration, better pet hair pickup. More cleaning features such as a headlight, off / on agitator brush.

Best High End Vacuum Cleaner: Dyson DC07 Vacuum Cleaner. It's a great buy at just under $400 bucks. (Amazon does have sales and sells them for around $350 on occasion.) Dyson makes some of the most powerful residential grade vacuum cleaners on the market and I'm extremely pleased with their track record.

If you want more detailed information on why I selected these vacuum clenaers you can visit my "Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners" guide at http://vacuumsensei.com/labels/Best%20Vacuum%20Cleaner.html

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Sincerely,
The Vacuum Sensei
http://vacuumsensei.com

Are vacuums under $200 any good?




mtgcnv67


Our vacuum really sucks. We've lived with it for the last few years, watching it barely suck anything, but still leaving the carpet with a semi-clean feeling. The most recent problem is the brush; I don't know what happened to it, but we realized one of the things keeping it from working so well was that the brush was touching the floor and wasn't rotating, so now, to get a semi-decent vacuum job, I have to stay bent over for the entire time push down on the handle so the front end stays up just enough to let the brush rotate. But, there's also the simple problem of there being hardly any suction anyway (the attachment could probably hold a tennis ball, but nothing heavier)

We recently discovered a slight flea infestation on our dog, and knowing how fast they can spread, I'm assuming it won't take long to spread to carpeting and furniture. I want to start work on DE-infesting immediately. I looked up a few good procedures online, but I don't think our vacuum is good enough to catch fleas through our mmm...half-inch thick (?) carpeting.

But we're on a tight budget and I'm expecting a baby in April. As much as I'd like to save up and buy a good vacuum in the future, I'd rather buy a semi-decent vacuum that can get THIS job done now so that the house is free of fleas when the baby gets here. Once we get rid of the fleas now, we can just start using flea repellants on our dog to prevent it in the future. Prevention is easier and cheaper than DE-infesting multiple times a year.

Are the vacuums under $200 any good? Atleast good enough to last a few months get this job done? Any recommendations on brands? Styles (ie. bags v. container)? Models?
Bored, I'm not sure if this is how ALL vacuums with attachments work or not...but the suction that comes through the main head of the vacum, actually comes through the "attachment hose"...the hose is plugged/screwed into the head of the vacuum at the bottom. And when I take out the hose to attach something to it, I feel the suction, and it's not good there, which I assume can explain why the suction is poor at the head...I'm just not sure why it's poor in the hose. I've checked for holes and never found any. But that's far beyond the point. I'm looking for a new vacuum and I'm just looking for tips on good brands...I guess the story was unnecessary.



Answer
Hi mtgcnv67,
For me the best brand is Bussel vacuum cleaners. They have no bags to getclogged,
so you do not have to worry about buying new bags or losing suction power.
I recommend Bissell Healthy HomeUpright Vacuum Cleaner, Bagless, 12 Amp, 16N5
AireTight HEPA filtration system
9x multi-cyclonic cleaning system for non-stop suction power
15-inch rotating brush with on/off control; 7 height-adjustment settings
Telescoping extension wand; lifetime belt; easy-empty dirt container
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002IB6BNY?ie=UTF8&tag=digitsy-post-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002IB6BNY




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar