RockHead
I am in the process of putting in engineered hardwood floors through 1,500 sq. ft of my house. What is the best vacuum, sweeper, and/or cleaner to pick up dirty, dog hair, and make the floors look shiny & clean? My mom has the Swiffer WetJet and I hate it! I would rather use a regular broom than that thing because it just moved the dirty around and pushes it into the corners. Any suggestions for picking up dirty & dog hair and then cleaning the floors?
Answer
I bought a Roomba to do the surface then dust mop over it., Then I use the following:
http://www.amazon.com/Starfiber-Starpro-Microfiber-Mop-Pad/dp/B000QZ3DCQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1271941507&sr=8-4
I have the above mop and pad, that I purchased when I installed my floors...then I added the additional mop heads below. That way I have clean ones all of the time. I just wash them and they are ready to use. Do not use any bleach, or softener, do not add dryer sheets to the dryer. Wash them separately so that they don't pick up fibers from other clothing.
http://www.amazon.com/RUBBERMAID-Dust-Fringe-Microfiber-Green/dp/B000TSCH7W/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1271941575&sr=8-8
I use the following cleaner to keep the floors shiny, I dilute it by spraying an equal amount of water. I work in small 3x3 areas and mop the area until it is no longer wet.
I have had my floors for almost 2 years and they still look new.
I bought a Roomba to do the surface then dust mop over it., Then I use the following:
http://www.amazon.com/Starfiber-Starpro-Microfiber-Mop-Pad/dp/B000QZ3DCQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1271941507&sr=8-4
I have the above mop and pad, that I purchased when I installed my floors...then I added the additional mop heads below. That way I have clean ones all of the time. I just wash them and they are ready to use. Do not use any bleach, or softener, do not add dryer sheets to the dryer. Wash them separately so that they don't pick up fibers from other clothing.
http://www.amazon.com/RUBBERMAID-Dust-Fringe-Microfiber-Green/dp/B000TSCH7W/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1271941575&sr=8-8
I use the following cleaner to keep the floors shiny, I dilute it by spraying an equal amount of water. I work in small 3x3 areas and mop the area until it is no longer wet.
I have had my floors for almost 2 years and they still look new.
Cleaning new wood floors?
CoolCat
Just bought a home with new prefinished wood flooring.
What have you used to vac and clean this type of flooring.
What products have you used too.
Thanks
Along with cleaning product please state what type/brand of vac you use too, that does not scratch the floor.
Answer
Any vacuum is fine. As for deep cleaning, I use Apple Cider Vinegar and water. Mix the two in any ratio you want. Then mop and scrub with this mixture. Don't over-saturate the mop...you want damp, but not dripping wet.
Apple Cider Vinegar contains tannins, which condition the wood while it cleans. It makes hardwood floors absolutely glow. Plus it's non-toxic and can be used as often as you like.
If you want to add luster and shine, add just a tiny bit of Olive oil to a bucket of water and clean with this. Stir the mixture often to keep the oil mixed.
I used to use Murphy's Oil soap to clean wood, but it left a dull residue, so I switched to this method after hearing about on HGTV.
You might consider using a Microfiber mop, too. You can buy these just about anywhere...Target, Walmart, Home Depot, even Dollar General.
But whatever you use, NEVER use steam. Steam ruins wood forever.
Good luck.
Any vacuum is fine. As for deep cleaning, I use Apple Cider Vinegar and water. Mix the two in any ratio you want. Then mop and scrub with this mixture. Don't over-saturate the mop...you want damp, but not dripping wet.
Apple Cider Vinegar contains tannins, which condition the wood while it cleans. It makes hardwood floors absolutely glow. Plus it's non-toxic and can be used as often as you like.
If you want to add luster and shine, add just a tiny bit of Olive oil to a bucket of water and clean with this. Stir the mixture often to keep the oil mixed.
I used to use Murphy's Oil soap to clean wood, but it left a dull residue, so I switched to this method after hearing about on HGTV.
You might consider using a Microfiber mop, too. You can buy these just about anywhere...Target, Walmart, Home Depot, even Dollar General.
But whatever you use, NEVER use steam. Steam ruins wood forever.
Good luck.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar