Is the Dyson Cyclone vacuum cleaner worth the money?




Jordan C


I've owned a number of upright bagless vacuum cleaners, and they have all sucked (well, they've actually all stopped sucking to be precise). The Dyson claims to never lose its power, but its also 5x more expensive than the average upright. Is it worth it?


Answer
We used to own an Oreck and it was good, but the bags were expensive and it is really, really dirty to change them. When the Oreck finally went kaput we went to the local Oreck store and saw our model is now $899, yes that's right. Oh yeah, you get a bunch of free crap you don't want or need and you a get a 30 day trial but no way is it worth it.

Bought the Hoover that was in Consumer Reports, it did OK but it was really noisy, so bad it hurt my ears. It did a fair job cleaning but spewed dust after about 6 months and was always a hassle to clean.

So I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and they recommended the Dyson. This is the best vacuum in the history of the world. It cleans incredibly well, it is quiet and it doesn't spew dust when I clean out the canister.

I will never buy any other vacuum, but based on my two years of heavy duty use (I even use it as my shop vac) it doesn't look like I'll ever need another one anyways. I had one piece break and when I called Dyson they sent me a free replacement with free shipping even thought the warranty was expired.

In your opinion, what is the best vacuum brand/model available today?




SugarHigh


What do you think about the vacuums with the steam cleaners, like the Shark for an example?
if you can provide a website along with your answer, that would be great

Thanks



Answer
"Best" is too subjective to answer definitively, however, there are a number of excellent vacuums that do a good job and will last for years. And no, you do not have to spent over $1000 to get a good vacuum.

If I had to pick one, Miele would probably be it. Miele vacuums are quiet, have excellent suction and filtration, and are designed to last a minimum of 20 years.
http://www.bestvacuumreviews.com/miele.html

My personal favorite is a Dyson - the standard upright, not the ball style. I've owned a DC07 for 6 years without one problem and the vacuum continues to work as well today as the day I bought it. The DC33 is the current model that is closely related to the DC07.
http://www.bestvacuumreviews.com/dyson-dc33.html

While the Shark Navigator and the Navigator Lift-Away are good vacuums, I would not rate them as "best". I have used these vacuums, and they have suction and features that are similar to their more expensive competition, however, their build quality, durability, and life span is much closer to that of their cheaper brethren. As to the steam mop/vac or even the straight steam mop, I wouldn't waste my time or money with them. Instead, I'd buy a general household steamer such as the SteamFast SF275, which is a far better machine, is more versatile, and is cheaper than the Shark single purpose steamers.
http://www.bestvacuumreviews.com/steamfast-sf-275.html

Riccar and Sebo are two other highly rated vacuum cleaners, though I have not used them personally to offer any thoughts.

If you're on a budget, then you will want to look at the offerings of Bissell and Hoover. Both have models in the $100 to $150 range that do a decent job, but make no mistake, these are low end vacuums that you'll be lucky to get a few years of service from before needing to replace them. I can tell you unequivocally that Eureka and Dirt Devil are brands to avoid.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar