What household appliances do you have the most trouble with?




periwinkle


I feel like I'm constantly replacing vacuum cleaners and having my clothes washer fixed or replaced. It isn't because I buy cheap either. $900 front loading washer-breaks 4x in 18 months. $650 vacuum cleaner only lasts for 2 years. After that vacuum I went for one that was $150 and it has now lasted 4 months and is broken again. My cheap washer is still working luckily, it too is only 4 months old. Wow, I did ask a question and it turned into a vent session. Sorry, kinda...I needed to get it out.


Answer
Thankfully most of the appliances are just fine.

Then there's the food processor. It was a pretty chintzy model...

I was making homemade breadcrumbs and there is a little plastic part that sits under the bowl of the processor and connects the motor and spinning blade. Apparently I overworked it (a cup of breadcrumbs!) and the thing overheated. There was a nasty burning smell and I took the bowl off and little black plastic bits went flying everywhere...hunk of junk.

We're going to get a real kick butt food processor. Probably one of those huge kitchen aid ones (have the pro mixer and it rocks).

This is the hunk of junk food processor to stay away from:
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Duet-Combination-Processor-Blender/dp/B0006LKH7O


Have you considered checking out consumer reports? Lots of helpful research so you can figure out the better products to buy.

If not I read a lot of consumer opinions on the 'net; especially at epinions and amazon. This way I make sure I research the product (and price comparisons) before I make the decision.

:)

Is the roomba and or scuba worth it?




Tex


Its been a few years since they came out, and was wondering what people think of it. I have a dog, cat and a two year old my floors are such a pain. I was looking to buy a used one on craigs hopefully cheaper. So are they good, and how much do you think their actully worth.
By the way I have all hardwood, no carpets



Answer
Reports have said that Roomba or Scooba will not pick up the dirt efficiently only good for light duty and inbetween vacuumings to pick up light dust, and both these bots are not worth the money they charge, they are just high priced gimmicks, save money and buy a decent upright vacuum or motorless sweeper such as a Bissell Sweeper, there are excellent buys in these types of cleaners, check on reviews of these types of cleaners when buying at some online websites such as amazon to compare cleaners and get more information on your choice of cleaner Good Luck !




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar