Are the Dyson vacuums as good as they say?

cheap mini vacuum cleaner
 on USB-Vacuum-Cleaner-Mini-font-b-Computer-b-font-font-b-Keyboard-b-font ...
cheap mini vacuum cleaner image






I am looking to buy a Dyson vacuum. I was looking at the Dyson "pet" version w/ the ball. Just wanted to know if they live up to the hype and are worth the money.I am soooo tired of buying vacuumes that don't "suck' like they are supposed to or lose their effectiveness after a few months. Thanks for the input!


Answer
Dyson has rated high despite the common complaints about heavy weight, awkward controls, hard-to-find replacement parts and breakdowns, most owners say the extra cost was worth it ($500). BUT....what most people don't realize or even think about until they own their first BAGLESS vacuum is the dust and particles that go in the air and all over the place when you go to empty them and the constant cleaning of the air filters that give you that great suction. You will spend more time cleaning up after each time you empty and knocking the dirt off air filters or even replacing them, than you ever will by just changing a bag. I've owned both and I will NEVER own a bagless vacuum again! If you have allergies you definitely don't want a bagless vac.

Everyone raves about the lightweight and I have a bad back so lightweight is ideal for me, but it doesn't matter how lightweight it is, a vac on the stairs is still a pain in the butt. I think consumers have gotten lazy when it comes to research as there are a few high quality vacuums on the market that you cant find at your local Wal-Mart or Best Buy, that do a BETTER job and you get a ton of extras with. I just bought over the holidays an Oreck and I paid the same price as you would a Dyson but I got so much more! A 10 year warranty, 5 year, yearly maintence and checkup, 35 bags, a cordless car vac that is the best I ever owned, and cordless mini-vac that works on tile, wood, ceramic, you name it and is also amazing as it comes with attachments and actually sucks up stuff, and I got this lightweight shoulder vac with attachments that is great for stairs, celings, small areas, any type of floor but it's small and easy to use. And of course I got the vac that is lightweight and has an automatic pull system so I'm not pushing and hurting my back.

I got ALL of that for $500 and I get to make payments so I'm not coughing up that much all at once. You cant get that with a Dyson. All you get is the vac and the box it came in. Oreck also has cheaper models, some less than $150, that still come with more than the Dyson and work better. Dyson is a popular fad because of it's unique design and clever marketing, but it doesnt back up the brand like a few other vac companies do. Sure you can take it back to the store but then what? Look at the value and what you get, not the popularity and availability. I got my Oreck within a week after I order it and there are several Oreck stores in my town I can take my vac in to for any issue and I dont pay ONE PENNY because of the warranty. The bags are easy to remove and install and I dont have dirt and dust flying all over the place when I change them. I dont have stupid filters to remove and clean and I have amazing suction and power to do the job and my carpets look great when I use it. I would check out their Web site before you head to the store.

How do I care for a betta fish?




Mikenna


I'm going to get this betta fish kit http://www.petco.com/product/10367/Marina-Betta-Kit-in-Purple.aspx and I have some questions: It says it comes with water conditioner, how often do I use it? Every time I clean the tank (I will clean it every week)? When I clean the tank should I leave half of the old water? Where do I put the fish while I clean the tank? How often should I feed the fish and how much should I feed it? Any tips and advice would be great. Thank you!


Answer
1. I'd skip that one.

I'd either get a
Marineland Eclipse Hex 5 Fully Intergrated Aquarium Kit or Aqueon Mini Bow Desktop Aquarium Kit ( 5 gallon).

Actually, go to walmart. They usually have cheaper prices than Petco. I'd go for any fish tank kit that is 5 gallons minimum.
Or get onto Craigslist. Type in fish tank. You may find a large, cheaper one! 10 gallon for $25
5 gallons is minimum for a betta and not expensive.

2. Water conditioner is used every time new water is added to the tank.

3. Yes. Every week for 5+ gallons. Anything less, every 3-4 days. You should ALWAYS use water conditoner every time you clean the tank.

4. Okay. Divide the tank up into either 3 parts or 4 parts. Take out 1/3 or 1/4 of the water out. Put that much new, clean water back in.
(50% is too much).

5. He/she stays in the tank. You can use a small vacuum or just a cup. (I use a clean butter bowl to scoop water out in a 1 gallon ice cream bucket to dump/get more water.) You will need to vacuum the gravel every 2 weeks. Just go along the top and collect all the poop and fish food and anything else that maybe on top of the gravel.

6. You should feed a betta twice every day.

7. HOOD. Always get a hood. I have a 5 gallon rectangular tank and did not get a hood. The hood costs more than the actual tank and filter combined.

8. Bettas are individuals. Some bettas are super picky eaters. I have a male plakat who refuses to eat. Regardless what's in the tank. (Tubifex worms, blood worms, brine shrimp, flakes, betta pellets, and FLS pellets formulated for small mouthed fish) Be prepared.

9. Bettas love a varied diet.

10. Bettas, well mine, enjoy small ants and ant eggs. And small gnats, flies, and spiders. Talk about pest control!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar