what kind of vacuum cleaner should I get?

best vacuum cleaner self propelled
 on chef natural gas upright stove fully working 54cm wide | eBay
best vacuum cleaner self propelled image



aniumus


I am looking to get a vacuum cleaner, preferably baggless, and preferably under 200. I have hard wood floors, one area rug, a few fully carpeted areas, and some couches I would like to keep clean with it. Which brand and type of vacuum would you recommend?


Answer
I repair vacuums for a living so I see the strengths and weaknesses of all types of vacuums. I highly recommend you go for the upper limit of your budget and not the lower. For example, I constantly am repairing $50-100 vacuums that are less then a year old. Of course, that's not to say that all less-expensive vacuums will do that, especially if you care for them properly, but the chances are much higher.

Having said that, for that price range I would look into a Hoover Wind Tunnel. Although Hoover is not the amazing brand it used to be, the Wind Tunnel seems to be a decent vacuum, having less problems then the rest. Also, after every vacuum I repair I test it on a strip of carpet by vacuuming up some deodorizer powder. The Wind Tunnel seems to pick up better then most vacuums.

They also have an option to turn the roller off (for your hard wood) and have on-board tools. If you spend a little more money you can get it with a self-propel option though I wouldn't recommend spending the extra cash unless you really need it (i.e. recent back surgery).

Being a repairman, I would also highly suggest you buy a vacuum with bags. They really are not hard to change, are not as messy as most people think, and usually (if following the manufacturer's recommendations for replacing filters) end up being cheaper.

What is the best vacuum for hardwood floors, throw rugs, upholstry, and pets?




MANDY


I am looking for a vacuum that won't scratch my hardwood floors, easily switches to brush roll for throw rugs, has onboard attachments for upholstry, and works great for picking up pet hair. Also, would prefer that it isn't too heavy or loud, has good suction and doesn't clog, has reasonable power cord & upholstry hose length. I know this is a lot to ask but there's got to be one out there. Any suggestions?


Answer
I recently purchased a Riccar 1700 full size canister vacuum. The price was a bit steep $1200, but it has been worth every penny. It does everything you've asked and more. First of all, they're self propelled, I didn't even know this was a feature available on vacuums. They have 30-foot cords, so you wonât have to keep unplugging and re-plugging while you clean. They have low emissions and excellent HEPA filters to trap dust and particles. They have xenon headlights that are bright enough to actually see things you donât want to accidentally vacuum (or dirt you might have missed). They use stainless steel on all of the important parts (for much longer life than the usual plastic) on the release step, the bottom plate, the brush bar, and motor parts. They also use soft rubber wheels that are easy to maneuver and wonât even scratch marble or hardwood floors. They also have amazing features like an automatic brush roll jam detector. If something gets caught (thread, a sock, draperies), the brush roll will automatically stop spinning and a bright, easy to recognize light will let you know there is a problem. There is a light next to it that tells you when your bag is full. My Riccar actually has a 7-step filtration process! Itâs like getting a vacuum and air purifier in one machine. They come with a 6 year warranty and a lifetime warranty on the belt.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar