Q. It all started when my dad got a second hand bed to my room (october 2012) . After 2 or 3 days i started getting terrible bites on my arms. I told my dad to inspect it and he found 2 thin red insects and killed it. So nothing else for the next 2 months. One day , i decided to sleep in my couch but when i woke up , i had lots of bites on my hip and thighs. I got suspicious and when i lifted the cushion , i saw a thin reddish brown insect crawling. I caught it with tape and flushed it. These bites have been continuing till now and they're in my bed , my parents bed , even in all of my couches ! I would've got bitten like a million times till now (8 bites today) and i just caught 2 big bedbugs. I can't bear these little bastards. Is there any way to treat bedbug bites ? Money is kinda tight right now and i cant call the exterminator now. I also caught about 17 bugs in my bed's headboard when i vacummed it last week. Nowadays i sleep with the light on and that has helped a bit. Help please :/
Answer
You are really infested. Your father is a fool. He "saved" a little on a used mattress. Technically it is illegal to sell used bedding, the health department frowns on it for good reason.
Now this genius better be prepared to fork out $4,000-6,000 to have your home properly treated. You can spray poison all over your house, you can even pay someone to do it for you, problem is most bedbugs have mutated into pesticide resistant, so it is pointless to poison yourself.
You need the house heated to 145 for about 3-4 hours. This is the only sure fire way to kill 100% of them.
Money is tight. That happens. Killing these bugs has to be a priority. That means no more booze, beer, cigarettes, makeup and all the other stupid crap people waste money on when money is tight. This is not a lecture on how you should live, I don't care if you chose to live in squalor. I have been rammen noodle, bicycle to work because I will not pay $1 to ride the bus on a sunny day poor. No car poor. No TV poor. No phone poor. No AC poor. Wash your clothes in the tub and hang them to dry poor.
Been there, done that. Now I own a business that makes me close to a 6 digit income. I'm NEVER going back. My workers are poor or nearly poor, but not one lives in squalor.
You need some relief. You need a bagged vacuum. You need a Eureka Mighty Mite. It is $65-80 depending on where you get it. You need to vacuum up these bugs from every inch of your home. Everything. Everywhere. Even the electric outlets.
That's a LOT of work. I know that. I have people who money isn't so tight pay me and my staff to clean their homes. We use a better vacuum than the Mighty Mite, but then again, it is over $300. Two people will work hard and fast, probably 4-6 hours to clean every inch of a home. Sometimes I do it. I will be soaked in sweat. It is a lot of hard work. At the end, you take the bag to the outside trash so you don't reinfest your home.
Money is tight. That means you have plenty of time on your hands. Don't say you don't. If you work, money can't be that tight. If you don't have a job, you have a lot of time. If you don't have either, you are a lazy liar.
Get the right vacuum and vacuum every day or two. You can get rid of them that way too. You have to be willing to put in the effort.
You are really infested. Your father is a fool. He "saved" a little on a used mattress. Technically it is illegal to sell used bedding, the health department frowns on it for good reason.
Now this genius better be prepared to fork out $4,000-6,000 to have your home properly treated. You can spray poison all over your house, you can even pay someone to do it for you, problem is most bedbugs have mutated into pesticide resistant, so it is pointless to poison yourself.
You need the house heated to 145 for about 3-4 hours. This is the only sure fire way to kill 100% of them.
Money is tight. That happens. Killing these bugs has to be a priority. That means no more booze, beer, cigarettes, makeup and all the other stupid crap people waste money on when money is tight. This is not a lecture on how you should live, I don't care if you chose to live in squalor. I have been rammen noodle, bicycle to work because I will not pay $1 to ride the bus on a sunny day poor. No car poor. No TV poor. No phone poor. No AC poor. Wash your clothes in the tub and hang them to dry poor.
Been there, done that. Now I own a business that makes me close to a 6 digit income. I'm NEVER going back. My workers are poor or nearly poor, but not one lives in squalor.
You need some relief. You need a bagged vacuum. You need a Eureka Mighty Mite. It is $65-80 depending on where you get it. You need to vacuum up these bugs from every inch of your home. Everything. Everywhere. Even the electric outlets.
That's a LOT of work. I know that. I have people who money isn't so tight pay me and my staff to clean their homes. We use a better vacuum than the Mighty Mite, but then again, it is over $300. Two people will work hard and fast, probably 4-6 hours to clean every inch of a home. Sometimes I do it. I will be soaked in sweat. It is a lot of hard work. At the end, you take the bag to the outside trash so you don't reinfest your home.
Money is tight. That means you have plenty of time on your hands. Don't say you don't. If you work, money can't be that tight. If you don't have a job, you have a lot of time. If you don't have either, you are a lazy liar.
Get the right vacuum and vacuum every day or two. You can get rid of them that way too. You have to be willing to put in the effort.
Grooming assistant at PetCo?
Q. I have a job interview with PetCo for a groomers assistant position. I am wondering if anyone has worked there before and what kind of hourly pay I'm looking at? Pros and cons? Thanks!
Answer
Below are reviews from employees at PetCo who are Groomers Assistants. Good Luck!!
âMehâ Former Groomer's Assistant (Bather/Brusher) in Peabody, MA
Pros â The best part of the job was being with all of the dogs. Everyone I worked with in the grooming department was so nice. I answered the phones, booked appointments, played with dogs as I cleaned them. A dream job.
Cons â The only downside was that I worked in the grooming department at night when no one came in. I had a very hard time filling up my appointment slots. The entire store was empty after 6pm and I worked until 9pm. I was making minimum pay with no commission to clean the salon to keep busy. There was no point in cleaning the salon either because an outside hired cleaning crew came in every night. If I wanted a cleaning job I would have gotten a job at a hotel or with MerryMaids.
âPetco taking from groomer's payâ Current Pet Groomer in Fishers, INâ Reviewed Sep 11, 2012
Pros â Some of the staff are great people to work with.
Cons â In order for petco to "build" the grooming business, they want the employees in the grooming salon to pass out 25% off coupons and other coupons to potential new grooming clients. While this sounds like a win-win for the customer and for the grooming salon employee, it is anything but. Upper management makes it mandatory for us, the groomers, to pass out these coupons. Then when the customer uses said coupon it is taken out of the groomer's pay. Any sane person would see that this is crazy and possibly grounds for a class action lawsuit!! Where is the incentive for groomers to handout coupons when it takes away from their pay?!?! You would think to entice groomers to handout these coupons, that you wouldn't take it out of their pay and would offer a bonus for every new customer they earn in this way. Instead we are punished. I work in a salon with plenty of business, so to hand out these coupons and have one of these discounted dogs take the appointment slot of a full paying customer's dog just hurts my pay even more.
Grooming Assistantâ Former Grooming Assistant in Middletown, NYâ Reviewed May 27, 2012
Pros â get to work with the doggies, tips.
Cons â Commission based pay, but low demand for services, therefore minimum wage. --With tips averaged about $8 an hour.
Advice to Senior Management â change salon pay to hourly
âIt was okayâ Former Grooming Assistant in Nanuet, NYâ Reviewed Jan 27, 2012
Pros â - You have set scheduled hours (at least I did)
- It could be fun if your grooming co workers are a great team
- You get decent tips if your customers appreciate your work
- The pay could be good if you work your butt off. (I was $6.00 or 40% commission, whichever was higher)
-You are in a separate department that's closed off from the rest of the store so while there's chaos out there your department could be great
- You get to be around the dogs and cats (if your groomer is trained to work on them)
- You become friends with a lot of customers and they some of them only want you to work on their dog (some of which gave great tips like $20.00, etc.)
Cons â - Pay could be better if you don't get a chance to meet commission
- If your coworkers are cut throat it's hard to make commission
- Management only cared about numbers and could care less about the department other than money
- Customers would request ridiculous styles or non policy treatments (dyeing fur color, etc) and will get p-ssed off if they don't get their way
- Coworkers could be lazy and not help with the daily cleaning which included the garbage, the vacuum cleaning, cleaning the crates, and refilling stock.
-Most customers won't leave a tip, and if they do the main groomer will probably hog all of it because even they do something small like trim furr around the feet they think they earned it even if you did everything else.
âNice people, committed pet health and happiness.â Current Grooming Assistant in Fort Collins, COâ
Pros â I get to work with pets all day- what's not to love. Also, my coworkers are actually great people and my boss is really understanding of my school and personal schedule.
Cons â The money (or lack thereof) is my main complaint- I make minimum wage with no chance for a raise, while associates are eligible for raises.
Below are reviews from employees at PetCo who are Groomers Assistants. Good Luck!!
âMehâ Former Groomer's Assistant (Bather/Brusher) in Peabody, MA
Pros â The best part of the job was being with all of the dogs. Everyone I worked with in the grooming department was so nice. I answered the phones, booked appointments, played with dogs as I cleaned them. A dream job.
Cons â The only downside was that I worked in the grooming department at night when no one came in. I had a very hard time filling up my appointment slots. The entire store was empty after 6pm and I worked until 9pm. I was making minimum pay with no commission to clean the salon to keep busy. There was no point in cleaning the salon either because an outside hired cleaning crew came in every night. If I wanted a cleaning job I would have gotten a job at a hotel or with MerryMaids.
âPetco taking from groomer's payâ Current Pet Groomer in Fishers, INâ Reviewed Sep 11, 2012
Pros â Some of the staff are great people to work with.
Cons â In order for petco to "build" the grooming business, they want the employees in the grooming salon to pass out 25% off coupons and other coupons to potential new grooming clients. While this sounds like a win-win for the customer and for the grooming salon employee, it is anything but. Upper management makes it mandatory for us, the groomers, to pass out these coupons. Then when the customer uses said coupon it is taken out of the groomer's pay. Any sane person would see that this is crazy and possibly grounds for a class action lawsuit!! Where is the incentive for groomers to handout coupons when it takes away from their pay?!?! You would think to entice groomers to handout these coupons, that you wouldn't take it out of their pay and would offer a bonus for every new customer they earn in this way. Instead we are punished. I work in a salon with plenty of business, so to hand out these coupons and have one of these discounted dogs take the appointment slot of a full paying customer's dog just hurts my pay even more.
Grooming Assistantâ Former Grooming Assistant in Middletown, NYâ Reviewed May 27, 2012
Pros â get to work with the doggies, tips.
Cons â Commission based pay, but low demand for services, therefore minimum wage. --With tips averaged about $8 an hour.
Advice to Senior Management â change salon pay to hourly
âIt was okayâ Former Grooming Assistant in Nanuet, NYâ Reviewed Jan 27, 2012
Pros â - You have set scheduled hours (at least I did)
- It could be fun if your grooming co workers are a great team
- You get decent tips if your customers appreciate your work
- The pay could be good if you work your butt off. (I was $6.00 or 40% commission, whichever was higher)
-You are in a separate department that's closed off from the rest of the store so while there's chaos out there your department could be great
- You get to be around the dogs and cats (if your groomer is trained to work on them)
- You become friends with a lot of customers and they some of them only want you to work on their dog (some of which gave great tips like $20.00, etc.)
Cons â - Pay could be better if you don't get a chance to meet commission
- If your coworkers are cut throat it's hard to make commission
- Management only cared about numbers and could care less about the department other than money
- Customers would request ridiculous styles or non policy treatments (dyeing fur color, etc) and will get p-ssed off if they don't get their way
- Coworkers could be lazy and not help with the daily cleaning which included the garbage, the vacuum cleaning, cleaning the crates, and refilling stock.
-Most customers won't leave a tip, and if they do the main groomer will probably hog all of it because even they do something small like trim furr around the feet they think they earned it even if you did everything else.
âNice people, committed pet health and happiness.â Current Grooming Assistant in Fort Collins, COâ
Pros â I get to work with pets all day- what's not to love. Also, my coworkers are actually great people and my boss is really understanding of my school and personal schedule.
Cons â The money (or lack thereof) is my main complaint- I make minimum wage with no chance for a raise, while associates are eligible for raises.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar