My husband has really long, really strong hair. We've killed quite a few vacuum cleaners with his hair (the hair wraps around the spinny thing and inevitably breaks the motor). Because of this, I'm assuming I can't get that kind of vacuum cleaner: stand up vacuum with the spinning brush. What type and/or brand of vacuum should I get?
I appreciate the advice so far, but I was doing exactly that. I have done that so many times, even in one run through the house. He has reeeeeaally long hair and lots of it (he sheds a lot). But unless there's another option, I'll just have to stick to wood and tile.
Answer
What ever brand you purchase, take a little responsibility, trim the hair from the roller brush on occasion, with a scissors, and yank it out.
What ever brand you purchase, take a little responsibility, trim the hair from the roller brush on occasion, with a scissors, and yank it out.
Best vacuum cleaner for carpets and long hair?
cnfoozed
I have wall to wall carpeting and long hair - a terrible combination.
Can anyone reccomend a good vacuum cleaner for me? I want something that will actually get the hair out of the carpets and not let it get stuck on the rollers.
The cheaper the better.
Thanks!
Answer
That's like asking for a Mercedes that costs under $1,000. It ain't gonna happen. Both my husband and I have long hair, so I've had to deal with this quite a bit. Look for a vacuum that has a wooden beater (roller) instead of plastic. You can cut it off every once in a while with a utility knife.
So, I guess your choice is either do a little maintenance on your vacuum every two months or cut your hair.
That's like asking for a Mercedes that costs under $1,000. It ain't gonna happen. Both my husband and I have long hair, so I've had to deal with this quite a bit. Look for a vacuum that has a wooden beater (roller) instead of plastic. You can cut it off every once in a while with a utility knife.
So, I guess your choice is either do a little maintenance on your vacuum every two months or cut your hair.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar