How do you set up your week for cleaning/laundry?




kb2sj


I need to get a routine down and having a tough time setting something up. Be specific, I need all the insight I can get!


Answer
Hey! Well, we have a very busy schedule, jobs + full-time school! Here's what I do:

Laundry: Every 2 weeks, we have a lot of clothes & wash them all at once... Since we live in an apt. & don't have a w/d, we go to the laundromat, it normally costs about $20 every two weeks.

Dishes: Done every night, or if we are feeling lazy, every other night, just rinse & put in the d/w. Always done before cooking, though!

Bathrooms: I try to clean both of them in the same setting. If you clean them often, at least every week, you will never have a huge mess! I put the cleaner in both of the toilets, then I go scrub one of the tubs + sink down, then scrub both toilets, then scrub the other tub + sink down. Then I sweep & mop.

General Kitchen: Counters are wiped down. Swept after the bathrooms are cleaned, every time. Then I mop. (I also mop the entry way at this time)

Vacuum: I do this as needed. If we have had a lot of traffic in & out of the house, I vacuum accordingly. When the living room needs to be vacuumed, I just go ahead & vacuum all of the other rooms. (Dining, half of the master bath is carpet, + both bedrooms.)

Windows: We only have a few, 3 exactly, and we don't have kids, so there is hardly ever fingerprints on them. I do this every few weeks. Probably the same day I do the vacuuming.

Dusting: I am not a fan of dusting. LoL I don't do this as much as I should. It can be overwhelming if you have a lot of stuff, though. I would suggest to dust 1 room at a time, unless you are like me & want to get it all out of the way.

Don't forget that shopping is a chore! Also, part of house cleaning is having supplies. I always make a seperate trip from the grocery store so that I don't forget anything. All of the cleaning supplies are in one area, the closet by the kitchen, on one shelf. Make sure that you are stocked & ready!

Here are some more tips:

-More expensive cleaners do not necessarily mean BETTER cleaners. I shop for all my cleaning supplies at the Dollar Tree or Dollar General. They always have everything I need, plus the little off-brand items. I buy cheap Windex instead of the real stuff. You will save a lot of money. One of the things that I do splurge on is the scrubbing powder, I always buy Comet. It seems to work better than the generic. Clorox made a great product, Anti-Bacterial wipes, and they smell great. But Dollar General has their generic brand that costs way less, smells just as good, and does the job. I use these for several things. I bought them just because, and when I got home, I thought, What am I going to do with these?! But I find great uses for them. For instance, cleaning the toilet bowl. Sometimes it has hair on it (yuck) or dirt, whatever. I use them to wipe around the rim, under the seat. They are great for wiping down the tank too! I use them to clean up the counter after meat has been on it, especially chicken. There is also a 'multi-purpose' cleaner that Dollar General makes. It works in the bathroom or kitchen. It has bleach in it, though, and the first couple of sprays each use tend to be brown. After that, it works great. Another thing that I tend to splurge on is Pine Sol. The orange-scented one. It smells great. As far as everything else goes, sponges, mops, brooms, etc. I buy those all at Dollar General.

-Great stain remover: George Foreman's Knock-Out, Deep Stain Remover. I found this at the Dollar Tree! For a dollar, obviously. I don't know where else it is sold, but it works wonders! It gets blood, wine, chocolate, etc. out of fabrics, even carpet! It's good to have on hand, even if you don't have a lot of spills.

-If you are the type of person who likes to do everything at once, and you have a schedule that allows it, try to schedule everything so that it falls into place. Like I do with my bathrooms, multi-task. But don't get overwhelmed. If you let everything pile up, it makes it 10 times worse, I promise! I recommend do one set of cleaning chores a day. It will seem like you aren't doing as much, but you will have a clean house. You can spare 15 mins. a day to do small things! Whatever it is, tackle it! If you want to ask me any questions or anything, feel free to email me at allypally21003@yahoo.com . Hope I helped!

-Edit-

I forgot a couple things! I don't know if you have any pets, but I have a fish! LoL I clean his tank every few weeks. It's weird, the more often you clean it, the less often you have to! If you have cats or dogs, which I have had in the past, keeping them clean is important too! I used to have a pitbull who was an inside/outside dog. I gave him a bath at least every week. I cleaned the poop & pee out of his crate every time he made a mess, but I also bleached it down every other week. It just seemed sanitary!

-Essential things: Mop, broom, sponges + scrubbies, rags for dusting & other stuff, bucket, air freshener, febreeze, laundry fabric softener sheets.

I put laundry softener sheets, the cheap kind will work!, in the drawers of my dresser. It keeps it fresh. Also, something that works great, the closet by my kitchen has a lot of shelves. I keep the extra bars of soap on the top shelf, instead of my bathrooms, because it makes the closet smell really good, even though there are bleach-y rags in there sometimes. I use Caress, so it's very fragrance-y.

Also, organization will do wonders for you. We have a junk drawer in the kitchen, like a million other homes. A great way to reduce the junk, so you can actually find some junk: Group small things together in bowls or containers, like screws, tacks, etc. Put rubber bands around groups of things. Buy an organizational plastic divider that fits your drawer so that everything has a place. Keep tupperware-like buckets to put things in, such as hair stuff, cables/wires, etc. I also have an accordian file thing where I keep all of my bills, important receipts, instruction manuals, etc. These things will cut down on clutter, which means less for you to clean! I am also a fan of magazines. I read them, and then organize them in a magazine rack, which goes in the guest bathroom.

A great tip is to replace things as soon as you are done with them. If you got it out of the closet in the bathroom, get up and put it back! I have learned this from trial-and-error. LoL Make a special place for things, this helps too. Don't let them sit around on the dining room table or coffee table!

I feel like there is something that I am missing... But if I think of it, I will come back to ya! Hope I helped!

I need some jokes? Havn't heard any in a while?




It's Cassy


Can someone tell me a joke, any kind!
PLEASE AND THANK YOU



Answer
Door-to-Door Sales Crap


An enthusiastic door-to-door vacuum salesman goes to the first house in his new territory. He knocks, a real mean and tough looking lady opens the door, and before she has a chance to say anything, he runs inside and dumps cow patties all over the carpet.
He says, "Lady, if this vacuum cleaner don't do wonders cleaning this up, I'll eat every chunk of it."
She turns to him with a smirk and says, "You want ketchup on that?"
The salesman says, "Why do you ask?"
She says, "We just moved in and we haven't got the electricity turned on yet."

No-So-Dumb Blonde


One day a blonde is sitting on a plane next to one of those annoying, pushy businessmen. He asks her if she would like to play a game. She politely declines, but the man explains the game to her anyway.
He says, "It goes like this: I will ask you a question and if you get it wrong you will give me $5, and vice-versa."
She says no again, and tries to fall asleep.
The man tries harder, saying, "Aw, come on. I'll give you $50 for each question. Or how about $500?"
At that number, the blonde agrees.
The businessman explains again, "If you get my question wrong you give me $5. And when you ask the question, and I get it wrong, I will pay you $500.
"Got it," she replies.
He asks, "Who was the sixth president?" She admits she doesn't know and gives him $5.
Now it's her turn, and she says, "What has purple legs, five arms and only two yellow teeth?"
The businessman doesn't know - he uses his laptop, checks the Internet, e-mails his friends. No one knows the answer. So he gives her $500.00.
Then, as they're landing he asks her, "What was that thing anyway?"
She thinks a few minutes, hands him $5 and walks off the plane.

5 presidents are on a plane


Five presidents are on a plane: George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and George W. Bush.
George Washington says, "I will make someone happy!" and throws a dollar bill off the plane.
Then Abraham Lincoln says, "I will make five people happy!" and throws 5 one dollar bills off the plane.
Then John Adams says, "I will make 500 people happy!" and throws 500 one dollar bills off the plane.
Then Thomas Jefferson says, "I will make the whole world happy!" and throws George W. Bush off the plane.

Computer Diagnosis


One day Bill complained to his friend that his elbow really hurt. His friend suggested that he go to a computer at the drug store that can diagnose anything quicker and cheaper than a doctor.
''Simply put in a sample of your urine and the computer will diagnose your problem and tell you what you can do about it. It only costs $10." Bill figured he had nothing to lose, so he filled a jar with a urine sample and went to the drug store. Finding the computer, he poured in the sample and deposited the $10. The computer started making some noise and various lights started flashing. After a brief pause out popped a small slip of paper on which was printed: "You have tennis elbow. Soak your arm in warm water. Avoid heavy lifting. It will be better in two weeks."
Later that evening while thinking how amazing this new technology was and how it would change medical science forever, he began to wonder if this machine could be fooled. He mixed together some tap water, a stool sample from his dog and urine samples from his wife and daughter. To top it off, he masturbated into the concoction. He went back to the drug store, located the machine, poured in the sample and deposited the $10. The computer again made the usual noise and printed out the following message:
"Your tap water is too hard. Get a water softener. Your dog has worms. Get him vitamins. Your daughter is using cocaine. Put her in a rehabilitation clinic. Your wife is pregnant with twin girls. They aren't yours. Get a lawyer. And if you don't stop jerking off, your tennis elbow will never get better."

Cartwheeling for Cash


One day a little girl came running into her house yelling, "Mommy, I got five dollars!"
The mother was curious, so she asked her child where she got the five dollars from.
The little girl replied, ''Tommy down the street gave me five dollars for doing cartwheel while he sat in the tree.
The mother told her daughter, "Don't you know that Tommy is just trying to see your panties."
''OOOOhhhh'' said the little girl.
The next day the little girl came running into the house yelling, "Mommy, I got ten dollars. The mother asked, "Where did you get the ten dollars from?"
The little girl replied, "Tommy down the street gave me ten dollars for doing a cartwheel while he sat up in the tree and laughed."
The mother replied, "Didn't I tell you that he is...''
Before the mother could finish, the little girl said, ''Wait Mommy. I tricked him, I didn't wear any panties today.''

Punishment in Heaven


Three friends die and go to heaven. The first guy gets handcuffed to one of the ugliest girls there.
''Why?'' he asks.
St. Paul replies, ''When you were nine you killed a bird with a stone.'' The same happens to the second guy. He asks why.
St. Paul replies, ''When you were nine you killed a bird with a stone.'' The third guy laughs at his friends and says, ''Thank God I didn't do anything like that.'' He gets handcuffed to the prettiest girl in heaven. The other two guys ask, ''Why?''
''Because when she was nine she killed a bird with a stone.''

Man, Woman, Sleeping Compartment


A man and a woman who have never met before find themselves in the same sleeping carriage of a train.
After the initial embarrassment they both go to sleep, the woman on the top bunk, the man on the lower.
In the middle of the night the woman leans over, wakes the man and says, "I''m sorry to bother you, but I''m awfully cold and I was wondering if you could possibly get me another blanket."
The man leans out and, with a glint in his eye, says, "I''ve got a better idea... just for tonight, let''s pretend we''re married."
The woman thinks for a moment. "Why not," she giggles.
"Great," he replies, "Get your own damn blanket!"




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar