lcd tv longevity question?

best vacuum cleaner to buy 2013
 on Top 10 Best Vacuum Cleaners
best vacuum cleaner to buy 2013 image



Mike


any one know how long a lcd tv lasts? i have sony 2008 46in thats still going strong. i keep the vents vacuumed and keep it clean. just curious how many years to expect out of it.


Answer
Sandberg is right about manufacturer's claims.
But that's about all they are.
These days it's the luck of the draw.
Lamps on DLPs are supposed 3,000 to 6,000 hrs, but I've seen some not last 1,000 and a couple over 10,000.
Pay attention to the extended warranties. Their longest plans made available approximate 1 yr shorter than its life expectancy for an average user.
If you have the TV on 12 or more hours a day, 7 days a week, expect it to last shorter.
But generally speaking, and on the average, if you you get a par quality piece, it should last between 60,000 to 80,000.
The LEDs are "supposed" to have the longest shelf lives of the new technologies.
Also consider how much you paid for it. I have an Emerson TV from a Walmart black Friday sale, but I bought it in 2009 for 250. I expect it to last well into 2013, but even now one of the hdmi ports have lost functionality.

Sea Foam ruined my engine?




Kiersten


I have a 97 Eclipse Gs-t with a list of mods and aftermarket parts that i bought @ 103k and i bought it 1,500 miles ago. Supposedly was rebuilt 15-20k ago but no receipts. I went in and bought some sea foam for it, read on the can it treats up to 10 quarts of oil. i wasnt sure if i wanted to put it in the tank, crankcase or vacuum lines. I put no more than 1/3 of the can in the oil/crankcase, the 4G63 isnt big. I put the rest of the shit into a full tank of 93. About two driving hours later I was on my way home and lost a bunch of power, and about 20 yards later it shut off. Tried to restart multiple times but it was sputtery and kept shutting off. Only turning over now, no combustion and pretty sure the fuel pump is working took the back seats out and listened for it.

Now it sits while i drive my daily mitsu, in the freezing cold.

im not happy and need to get this fixed, if you have smart comments about my cars and choices with them, dont waste your time i'm well aware of the reputation, I am a female surrounded by unfriendly and incompetent people who not only are too good to talk to me but too busy racin their rice burners and v dubs around PA. this area really sucks i highly recommend moving elsewhere if you have the choice.

also if i cant figure it out, how bad is it for this car to sit around for this entire brutal northeast winter (2013)?

Extra testimony: Had run a little bottle of lucas injector cleaner when i first bought it. Put it in when i got gas, drove across the street literally, to the hardware store. Shut off again with sputtery re-starts, battled with the bitch for a half hour and then it was fine.

This is what leads me to believe the sea foam is the problem, because everyone here is telling me sea foam cant do that,
when I've seen sea foam mess up a number of cars online. If something is that damaging and sensitive to the actions of the user then WHY dont they have more forewarning, precautions, better instructions so people dont go pouring this shit in and ruining their car? Can i sue? Jesus really I'm so annoyed worst $13 of my life.



Answer
Seafoam is an obvious scam and waste of money, but I've never heard of it actually harming a car. You were foolish for wasting your money, but it does seem to be coincidental. What problems with the car did you expect this snake oil to "fix", exactly???




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar